10.01.2012

Starting Over

I want to start over with my blog.  I need to start over with my blog.
It's been about 27 years since I last posted, and SO much has changed.  I now have a fashion degree, a handsome fiance, and a baby.
Whaaaaaaa?! Yep, a BABY.  A perfect little baby boy.


Engaged in March - then went straight to Puerto Rico! 



Graduated in May.



The best day of our lives was August 1, 2012.
That is when John Frederick Emley IV came into our world.


We currently live in Mississippi.  Hours away from our friends and family.  As a team, we're learning how to juggle this crazy new life.  A life with two spoiled dogs, one beautiful (and demanding) baby, and no help.
It's crazy hard and unbelievably amazing!

Here are a few things we've learned so far:
  • If you have two dogs and a newborn and you have to be somewhere, at a certain time, then start getting ready 4 hours ahead of time.... and expect to be 15 minutes late. 
  • NOTHING is clean enough for your baby.  You put a blanket down before you lay him anywhere, sanitize your hands 500 times a day, and wash his clothes in the most expensive baby detergent there is..... yet, YOU'RE still wearing a shirt you put on 3 days ago, that has spit-up on it ...and you're using a blanket he pee'd on. 
  • You forget how to make an actual lunch.  A spoonful of peanut butter on a piece of bread that you somehow fold together and cram in your mouth qualifies as lunch... on a good day.

Personally, I'm trying to figure out how to use a fashion degree in North Mississippi... and stay fabulous while speaking baby gibberish.
How am I going to keep up with the latest fashion trends when I have 567 bottles to wash and a tiny tushie to clean?
Don't sign me up for a minivan just yet! I'm determined to be a fabulous chic mother... but don't be mistaken, it is NOT going to be an easy task.  

OH yeah, and I have a wedding to plan.  No big deal.

I'm going to use this blog to document my new crazy life. 
A life that mixes fashion with diapers and merlot with enfamil (not literally!).

I'm blogging for anyone and everyone who may be interested... but more specifically for all of our family and friends who aren't able to watch little man grow up in person, and want to know what's going on with our little family.  I'm also blogging for myself.  I think it MAY help me stay sane. MAYBE.

No comments:

Post a Comment