10.08.2012

First Mother Son Weekend

This weekend big John went out of town... for a bachelor party... in New Orleans. [Totally Jealous]
It was the first weekend that little Johnny and I were completely alone.  It was great!  It was a bit tiring... especially since teething decided to hit us like a freight train going full speed.

Little man, the pups, and I snuggled in bed all Saturday morning and listened to the rain.  When we finally got up ('finally' means 9am .. I remember when 'finally' meant 1 in the afternoon) we played with our toys, read 'Dizzy the Dragon', and sat in the wonderous Bumbo.

Can't believe he's already sitting in his Bumbo!

Then we watched a horrible disgusting Auburn football game.  Horrible.  Disgusting.
Nonetheless, War Eagle!


After a full day of little man drool and an odd temper, it hit me. This boy is teething!
I ran and got Sophie the Giraffe...I knew she'd know what to do.


Is my 9 week old SERIOUSLY teething already?!

We spent the rest of the evening with that glorious giraffe.  By 10:30 I was unbelievably exhausted. UN-freaking-BELIEVABLY.  So, I fed him his last bottle of the day, poured mama a tiny glass of vino, and watched some Saturday Night Live.  I fell asleep by 11:30. Woke up at 6am. WOKE UP AT SIX O'CLOCK IN THE FLIPPIN MORNING! That's almost 7 hours. SEVEN. Okay, I'll chill out with the all caps.  I couldn't believe it.  The longest he's been able to sleep at night has been 5 hours... and that is few and far between.  The majority has been for about 4 hours.  Saturday night was a big ol' fat seven hours! I jumped out of bed, skipped to the kitchen, twirled as I made a bottle, cart-wheeled back to the bedroom, and smiled the whole time I fed him.  I also told him 'thank you' 763 times.  I was giddy all morning waiting for John to call so I could tell him the big huge great news.  It's amazing how happy seven hours of sleep can make you.
Now I don't want to get too excited...but he did the same last night.  Ahh, please please please let this stick!!



All smiles over this way! 
[except when tiny baby teeth decide to push through]

No comments:

Post a Comment